Friday, July 18, 2014

Coinkydink?

Had all this not happened…

Got a car service in Longreach yesterday and they find a leaky CV boot so we get it fixed at 8am this morning. 2 hour job so I decide to wander Longreach. 

Would have left for Winton about 10:30-11 but I find a plastic bag that in my tidy up mode I take off the tree branch it is snagged on and just happen to look to see a note in it saying “ If you find this please return to…”. There is a picture frame with a montage of children pics and notes from a dad who seems a dropout/drop kick/down on his lucker apologizing and doling out his observations on various people and saying how much he loves them but he is no good. 
A silver ring with black patterning and “love Maria” engraved on the inside is loose and from his life partner no doubt. 
So I decide to send it and go to the post office and get that done. 
Then I thought this guy might be suicidal and decide to report it to the police so they can ring his mum (contact details on a piece of paper) and maybe help his guy. 
Car is ready at 10 am but I am delayed by reporting it to the police who want a lot of detail and seem genuinely concerned. They don’t think it is a suicidal type scenario but think they can help. 
 This delays me returning to hitch up the caravan but we get going to Winton at 11:35.

… we would not have been filling the van with water in Winton when Len Highland* who was a just around the corner from our house resident of Mt Riverview and fellow baby sitting club member (but now broke up with his wife and moved to Kariong on the Central Coast), rolls up in his 4WD with his new girl after a trip through the far north and asks me questions without recognizing me till I take off my sunnies and swear at him.

We caught up a bit then.


G.

*names have been changed to protect the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment