Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Asian prawn soup - fast diet dinner

I do like flavoursome food and especially on my fast days. It's somehow more satisfying.


I made an asian-inspired soup with bits and pieces that i had in my fridge and freezer.

I spiced things up with this handy little tube of flavour.


Here's what I did -
I added about a tablespoon of the Thai paste to 1 litre of vegetable stock (you could use fish stock if you had some. I just use Vegeta vegetable stock powder).

When this comes to the boil add a couple of handfuls of green beans cut in 1 inch pieces (or 2.5 cms if you prefer metric).
Cook for a minute or two then add 1 cup sliced oyster mushrooms (or any other mushrooms) and the sliced stalks of a head of bok choy.

Cook for another couple of minutes then add 200 grams of cooked peeled prawns, and the chopped leafy bit of the bok choy and half a bag of beansprouts.


When it's all warmed through ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped coriander and spring onions.


 Very quick and easy!



Serves 2.
170 calories per serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment