Tuesday, May 27, 2014

In which we take to the railtrails

Northern Victoria is a great place for bike riding.
The old railway lines were removed at some stage and nice even flat or gently graded bike and walking tracks were installed.
What a brilliant idea!

I must admit that this was one of the reasons for choosing this part of the world to visit, that and because it is somewhere that we'd never been before.


It is all very civilised - you can ride from town to town, from cafe to cafe, from winery to winery.
And if you don't want to ride back you can arrange for the nice bike collection people to get you (or in my case the adorable and ever-dependable G)

Ride #1.
From Bright to Myrtleford.



See - nice and flat!










Ride # 2.
From Everton station to Myrtleford.
(It would have been more convenient to start at Myrtleford but we were unsure about the lunching options at Everton, so had a longer drive to start at Everton)









This is where I ended up - at Gapsted wines!
I couldn't push another pedal.


Ride #3
From Milawa, to Milawa cheese factory then to Oxley and back.




Then I fell off!



We have just rewarded ourselves with new bikes!
I love mine.
And I have got a spiffy new helmet - that fits!


G couldn't resist this one - it was a bargain.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment